Monday 27 August 2012

Capital F.E.M.I- The Year Of R'n'B

Capital F.E.M.I

It's been almost three years now since Kennis Music artist- Capital F.E.M.I returned from the USA to establish himself as a force to be reckoned with in the Nigerian music industry.
It has also taken him that long to put together an album filled with one hour of some original straight up R&B.

Many have tried and failed to create an album which can hit a pass mark for R&B but failed due to the constant pressure to push sales hence infusing elements of afro-pop, high-life, street-hop and so on and diluting the music. Mr. Femi Adeyinka who's Gbenga Adeyinka's younger brother (Gbenga Adeyinka is a popular Nigerian comedian) has refused to compromise when it comes to good music and has given us a stellar 17 track LP filled with mid-tempo R&B love ballads.


Gbenga Adeyinka the 1st


Capital F.E.M.I's music video for "Don't Let Go" was released a few days ago. Beautiful work!



The Year Of R'n'B is definitely worth a listen. It contains features from the likes of Sauce Kid, Jaywon, Joe EL, PokaFace, Gbenga Adeyinka 1st and Kenny Ogungbe and production from the likes of Masterkraft, J Sleek as well as the renowned Grammy Award-winning Hakeem of (The Boys).

Official Tracklisting

01. Capital F.E.M.I
02. Get Low
03. Baby I Got It (Money Money) Feat. Eedris Abdulkareem
04. Am Just Sayin Feat. Jaywon & Sauce Kid
05. Duro Ti Mi
06. If
07. Dial My Heart Feat. Poka face
08. Never Felt A Love
09. In The Name of Luv
10. Don’t Be Afraid
11. I Found My Wife
12. Everything Feat. Gbenga Adeyinka 1st
13. Don’t Let Go
14. Playlist
15. Am A Star Feat. Joe El
16. Black And Beautiful Feat. Kenny Ogungbe
17. OMG (Oh My God)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please leave a comment.